11/9/06

Another Home Value tool - free and online

Cyberhomes.com is a new internet tool from Fidelity National Information Services that estimates home values, very similar to Zillow.com.

The site is in beta, and I've found several problems with it. For example, I entered 1921 Jefferson Street and tons of nearby properties showed up, but none of the condos in the building I was searching for came up. I had to look at the "comparables" to find the condo in the building I wanted. I also did one Value comparison with Zillow. 1500 Bay St #203 is worth $684,000 on Cyberhomes, but only $620,000 on Zillow. Read my previous post for why I'm skeptical of ANY online generated value. For the best home value without speaking to a Realtor, try mine at Evaluate-My-Home.com.

The site was occassionally painfully slow to move around on, but all in all this should be a very useful counter point to Zillow, and another free internet tool that continues to give more and more power and knowledge to consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment